Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mr Khaw Boon Wan, HDB & I

due to weak legs my 85 years old mother fell a week before chinese new year! her left shoulder & hip were fractured! according to changi general hospital's doctor, the fall was unavoidable, only when.

after the operation, a week later she's transferred to st andrew community hospital & stayed for about a month to learn how to walk & balance. she now uses a walking frame. before the fall she used a 4-legged walker.

before her discharge on mar 21, i happened to read about hdb's Enhancement For Active Seniors (what a nice name!) in the straits times over the weekend. if it could be in my flat would be good. immediately i contacted the hdb hoping that she were grant me the wish. 2 days later a Mr Chan from hdb hq phoned me.
within 10 days or so, 5 ramps, 7 grab bars & slip resistant chemical were all done up to welcome her home!

i wrote to hdb & the mass media to express my heartfelt appreciation.

on may 10, Mr Khaw Boon Wan, Minister of National Development, Dr Cheong Koon Hean, CEO-Hdb, & other officers visited my place. such visit was heartwarming. it certainly brightened my home & the whole ubi estate!

i feel that such EASE programme should be incorporated into the BTO housing scheme.

finally May Buddha Bless All.
19/5/13




No comments: